Something about margaritas and warm weather just feels so right. A fresh, citrusy margarita is the epitome of summer, and why not kick it up a notch and add a little spice?
This bombshell spicy grapefruit margarita will not disappoint. It is packed full of healthy antioxidants and metabolism boosters. Here are the deets:
- Grapefruit juice is amazing for you and will .strengthen your immune system, boost your metabolism, and protect against cancer. This is all thanks to the high levels of vitamin C and the antioxidant lycopene.
- Lime juice contains powerful stuff that can help your body produce more collagen (think gorgeous, glowing skin), protect you against disease since it has antibiotic properties, protect you against cancer, and helps your liver detox.
- Both grapefruit and lime juice are also alkalizing, read more about that in my green juice post.
- Cayenne pepper is a badass ingredient that has SO many benefits, but perhaps the best one is that it stimulates your digestive tract to help your body better metabolize food and toxins.
- Sparkling Mineral Water, well, contains minerals, duh! Two of the most important ones are calcium, which promotes bone strength, and magnesium, which can help regulate your blood sugar.
Bombshell Spicy Grapefruit Margarita
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 grapefruit
- 4oz of tequila (I love 1800)
- ¼ tsp of cayenne
- ½ TSBP agave nectar
- Handful of ice
- 8oz sparkling mineral water, such as Perrier or Pellegrino
- Grab a cocktail shaker and add the juice from the limes and grapefruit, tequila, cayenne, agave nectar, and ice
- Shake shake shake
- Open shaker and add mineral water, gently stir with a spoon – do not shake because your cocktail shaker will explode from the carbonation!
- Grab your glasses (salt the rims if you like) and pour, sip, and enjoy!
What’s your favorite cocktail to drink in the summer?