Just like that 2016 is behind us and 2017 is in front of us. I love to take this time of the year to reflect back on all that I’ve learned and accomplished. There is something so inspiring about taking that pause to be completely present.
2016 was the year of creating my own independence and re-gaining my confidence.
As I was going through my photos month by month, I couldn’t believe how much I did in just one year:
- Launched Style Collective in February 2016 and have been able to be apart of the most incredible movement in the female influencer space. I am SO, SO incredibly grateful for this AMAZING community of women who SUPPORT and LOVE each other.
- Traveled a lot! I visited Jamaica, Raleigh, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Montreal, went to NYFW and had the privilege of meeting some INCREDIBLE women all over the country who are part of Style Collective.
- Healed my thyroid and am no longer on prescription medication. I have also accepted that my body is very happy with being fit and curvy instead of very thin and tiny. I have my health and I cannot ask for more.
- Worked with a lot of fun brands, really got to learn the influencer space and was able to be really real with you guys on this blog. I love sharing my life with you all and sharing my knowledge.
- Launched my first product!! The cell phone cases were SO MUCH FUN to design and create. I’m working on more product ideas for the new year.
While I am very excited for 2017, the theme of the year is going to be patience.
I have been working on Style Collective’s website relaunch and the media kit since October. Both are coming very soon and I am trying to be patient through all of the roadblocks that we’ve encountered with these two projects.
Style Collective is growing and I am extremely grateful that I am able to do what I love and help women all over the world. I am learning to be patient with growing and scaling a business that is self-funded. 🙂
I need to continue to have patience with my health: my thyroid has healed, but my hormones are still very far from healing. My body went through so much trauma after the emotional abuse at my corporate job and I need to stay focused on healing my body.
Patience with wanting to do it ALL and have it ALL. Our now-generation is very challenging for me. I also fall into the trap of seeing other’s success: wanting what they have, traveling to where they travel, and wanting to do more than I am able to do. Patience. It is worth having when you have truly EARNED it.
Other goals for 2017:
- Meditate daily.
- Read for one hour a day.
- Delegate more and make space/time for myself.
- Speak at a conference.
- Work on PR and media for SC.
- Practice gratitude and journal daily.
- Be a minimalist. If something is complicated, ask how can I make this simple?
- Be present and mindful. Enjoy the now.
- Meet more SC women. I have this crazy idea of doing a city tour and meeting women from all over the country – just flying from city to city over like a week. I’d love to do something super girly like a dry-bar party with cocktails? Or a shopping date together? Do you think this would be fun?
Okay enough about me! I’d love to hear: what are your goals for 2017?