Hey smart lady! I am so excited to be featuring a smart and talented blogger, Krista, on CP today. She is a fellow MBA’er and has such wise words to share about being grateful and creating abundance in your life. As we head into the busy Christmas season, I think that it is especially important to remember these very important life lessons, but before we dig in – meet Krista.
I’m Krista Williams, writer/creator/facilitator of The Hundred Blog. I’m a Midwest native currently living in Los Angeles. I’m a huge fan of kindness, gratitude, learning, business, photography, fitness and travel. If I had to name just a few things. 🙂
Why did you create your blog?
I created Hundred Blog because I felt like I was missing something in my life that I now fulfill creatively with Hundred. Hundred stands for ‘One Hundred Percent – Nothing Less’ which is a mantra for how I try to live my life. It’s provided me a platform to share things that inspire me, connect with people I find interesting, and feel more fulfilled through enhanced relationships with others and through my own personal artistic expression. I’ve connected with amazing people like those in the #stylecollective group, and been able to collaborate with Collective Passions as an example! 🙂
Thoughts are Things (not non-fiction but my favorite book!) Prentice Mulford
Freakanomics by Stephen J Dubner and Steven Levitt
Wise words you would tell you 20 year old self:
I would tell myself that it’s okay to be different, and to start meditating sooner. To be different, because I think in college I was caught up in trying to fit in with other people, or my sorority for example. I would say to begin meditation because it’s completely changed my life in the best way possible. I feel more ‘me’ rather than controlled by emotions or situations.
Being grateful and creating abundance in your life
Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
Almost everyone wants to create abundance in their life. If you really think about it, most of our lives are centered around the desire to have more. For most of us, we work, to earn money. We date, to obtain more love. If we are physically active, we do it for more energy. Whether it’s money (which seems obvious), love or career, having an abundant life is more related to one of happiness, and a feeling of fulfillment. It’s a true unmistakable and unshakeable alignment with the universe.
What would you like to have more of in your life? Be it more love, joy, wealth, anything at all – it can be yours by being grateful. Abundance, like everything else in the universe, is simply a specific arrangement of energy and information. With our intention, we can change the energy, add new information, and manifest whatever we want, need, or desire.
With gratitude, you’re fully in the flow with a focus on the positive. Putting out good energy to attract back more good, with a lessoned focus on negative to move away from the bad. Quantum physics tell us there’s a lot of powerful energy circulating in various areas of our lives where we constantly focus. It’s The law of attraction, which the name given to the maxim “like attracts like” which in New Thought philosophy is used to sum up the idea that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts a person brings positive or negative experiences into their life.
By feeling gratitude and feeling good, you’re not only creating abundance in specific areas of your life, but you’re also on the receiving end of other benefits seen and unseen. Interestingly, there have been studies done in prove the effectiveness of gratitude practices. The results of certain studies indicate that daily gratitude exercises result in higher reported levels of alertness, enthusiasm, determination, optimism, and energy. Additionally, in studies with two control groups, those in the gratitude group experienced less depression and stress, were more likely to help others, exercised more regularly, and made greater progress toward achieving personal goals.
Being grateful is the most powerful way to create abundance in your life in any area. There are tried and true ways to bring a mentality of gratitude in your life that can help you to shift your focus to abundance and create all the amazing things you desire.
- Notice: Take time to notice things in your life that bring you joy. Chances are if you are reading this, you have so many things that you’re thankful for. Your family and friends, your health, even the time to read this article count! If you want to get out of the ‘scarcity mentality’, you have to give yourself a reality check. For example, more than 3 billion people in the world (almost half) live on less than $2.50 a day. So by noticing more of what you have to be thankful for, like healthy food, your clothes, your tight group of friends, more positive energy will create more opportunities in those positive places. Even if I’m having the worst day, and I can’t seem to find a reason to be happy, I can always find something to be grateful for. I even say, “I’m thankful for the clothes I’m wearing, the bed I sleep in, and the clean water I drink.” I instantly feel better and more in tune! It’s a bit silly, but it’s all part of the process!
- Give thanks: There are so many opportunities daily to give thanks. If you really think about it, every single thought could have an attachment of gratitude to it. ‘I need to finish this project for my boss at work’, can be followed with ‘thanks’ or ‘I am thankful that I’ll finish this project for my boss’. There is absolutely no limit to how much gratitude you can facilitate in your day, but by starting with a daily gratefulness practice at the end of the day, to write down or say to someone 5 things you are thankful for is an amazing way to begin. Gratitude journals are also great too.
- Pause: If you never take time through your day to notice things you’re thankful for you can never create abundance in your life. By slowing down to notice, and pause you can find more and more things to be truly grateful for. For me, I have on the background of my phone, a gratitude mantra from ‘The Secret’ so each time I look at it (which is so much), I’m reminded to stop, notice, and give thanks. You can do this too my attaching something, like a post-it on your coffee mug, that says ‘thanks’ to remind you.
- Take notes: Write it down. It’s so important in creating a new habit in your life to help create new neural patterns of gratitude. Whenever I take the time to write things down and take notes on what parts of my life I am grateful for, I notice more energy and positivity immediately move towards that part of my life. I’ve had so many various situations where I write down what I am grateful for, and then there is a shift in the universe to give me more encouragement of that good.
- Breathe: This goes along with pausing and noticing. Breath is so important, to help slow your nervous system down, and keep your body in the present moment. By breathing your acknowledging the life force that fuels your body all day everyday.
- Make it a habit: The way gratitude sticks is through repetition, just like any new habit, you need to repeat it daily. From a neuro-scientific perspective you create new patterns within your brain that get exercised, and stronger, so after a while, it doesn’t take an effort to continue to act in gratitude. Now, I continually find places in life that I can apply the gratitude mind, and I don’t need to work to focus on gratitude to see it. It’s the repetition of a new thought. A super simple way to retrain yourself.
Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.
A few other ways to create abundance in your life include:
- Sharing the wealth. One very good way to acknowledge how much you have is to share it. Do you feel like you’re not making enough money? Give some away. Not enough love? Give some away. Not enough validation, appreciation, recognition? Give it all away. It’s hard for something to feel scarce when you’re giving it away.
- Meditation. Through Meditation, you’re better able to tune into the universe and recognize all of the things that you’ve been blessed to have. By taking time to quiet the mind, breathe, it’s moving towards a more conscious mind that can fully allow for more abundance in the areas of your life you wish.
- Calling on your true self. From a spiritual perspective, the more you call on ‘spirit’ the more it becomes your reality. This could sound a bit too deep, or out there, but ‘spirit’ is also known as your true self. Once you call on your true self, and practice flexing that muscle, it gets stronger and you become more aligned to your authentic truth.
When you notice more good, and thank the universe for things in your life, the universe responds to you and replies by providing you with MORE of what you want. It’s the saying ‘thank you’ for that conversation with your friend, for that healthy meal that fed you, even for something as simple as for your bed. It’s sending an energy out to the universe, that you are grateful for it, and in turn the energy comes back to you to provide you more. Abundance, is created through the gratitude you give.
It’s your way to communicate with the universe. A universe that’s ready and willing to give you all that you ever need.
Wow, amazing amazing words. Thank you SO MUCH Krista for this long form editorial. What tips are you going to use to try and create more abundance in your life? Let’s chat in comments!
Check out my guest post on Hundred Blog about Pursuing Passion with Purpose.
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Instagram