Hi friends! As many of you know, I am moving into my own place in downtown Raleigh in December. I went under contract the beginning of June, but it’s new construction so I have been patiently waiting for my move-in date. During this time, I’ve been brainstorming all of the new items that I need for my place. I love to cook healthy meals at home during the week, more elaborate recipes on a Fri or Sat night while popping a bottle of champagne, or having my girlfriends over for a few cocktails. My new place is a little over 900 square feet, so I focused on building a shopping list of just the essentials.
My friends at Wayfair generously gifted me some items for my new home, so I hope that you’ll find some inspiration in this post and do some holiday shopping for yourself or your friends and family! Wayfair is giving everyone Black Friday Bonus Cash – spend $200 today and unlock $30 in bonus cash. Wayfair will e-mail your coupon on Nov. 23 – just in time for the main event!
My bar cart is going to filled with the prettiest glasses! I love crystal and Art Deco style details, which is why a lot of these pieces have that glamorous feel to them. I love social drinking with people that I love – whether it’s a girls night gossiping on the couch, turning on the tunes and having a dance party, of popping a bottle of champagne while cooking a homemade meal with someone special.
The items above are my top used items for at-home meals and kitchen organization.
1. I love that I found a set of knives with white handles, so pretty!
2. I live and die by my Vitamix because I make smoothies all of the time – every other blender I’ve had has died after a year of daily use. The Vitamix is worth every single penny.
3. For pots and pans, I’ve had stainless steel in the past and opted to get a non-stick set this time around.
4. One of my favorite healthy kitchen items is a spiralizer for making zucchini noodles – I’ve actually had the one that I linked here for at least 10 years and just love it.
5 & 6. A nice set of stainless measuring cups and bowls are a must.
7. I love my Kitchenaid mixer for making protein muffins, pancakes, cookies, pizza dough, and so much more – I’ve had this one for over 10 years as well and it’s one of my favorite appliances.
8. I love drawer organizers for flatware and utensils, these bamboo ones are really well made and look like they were custom made for the inside of your cabinet drawer.
9. Cast iron pots and pans are awesome for gas cooktops, I love to use this wok for stir-fry or sautéing broccoli since it heats everything so evenly.
The items above are my favorite dishes, flatware, decor, and appliances. I already have the china and flatware that I’m bringing with me to my condo, but decided to purchase cute blush pink and white appliances for the new items that I need. The polka dot pitcher is whimsical while the polka dot crystal vase is classic and beautiful.
And lastly, I wanted to share a sneak peek of the most recent photos of my new kitchen! I should be moving in sometime in December, so I can’t wait to unbox everything and show you on my stories! I will be replacing the dining light in the background and adding brushed gold hardware to all of the cabinet fronts – but everything else will stay the same!