To so many, a new year means a blank slate, a chance to start fresh, and an opportunity to be our best selves. We indulge during the holiday season, start the new year with a hangover, and then decide that we’re going to go hard for our resolutions, which to be honest, we probably made at midnight while toasting champagne.
The Truth About Resolutions
Did you know that the #1 New Year’s resolution is to lose weight? And that two-thirds of ALL resolutions are related to being healthier? And that only 8% of people are actually successful in achieving their resolutions? (Source: University of Scranton. Journal of Clinical Psychology)
Let me tell you a true story: on New Year’s Eve while snapping my bff pics of my Citrus Margarita, I randomly asked her what she wanted me to write about for our first post of the New Year. Her response was:
“I think you should do an awesome New Years post about not making resolutions that are unattainable but instead setting goals that are realistic and will inspire you to continue going.”
Coincidence? I don’t think so.
So what do you do to prevent being the 92% of people who will fail at keeping their resolutions?
- Rather than setting broad goals, set specific attainable goals. Instead of saying you’ll be healthy, challenge yourself to skip your favorite junk food for 6 straight weeks. Rather than claiming you’ll start going to the gym, set a clear and measurable target of attending x classes x times per week.
- Document your specific goals on a bulletin board or in a notebook. Keep them in sight at all times. Cross off each goal as you achieve it. Even if you don’t achieve ALL of the goals, you are still better off than when you started!
- Get a resolution buddy: a friend, family member, or community of like-minded people to help you stay on track.
Cat and I talked about our goals for 2016. We’ve been thinking a lot about the harsh truth about resolutions and YOU, our friends. How can we help the 66% of you ACTUALLY stick to a resolution of health and wellness (ourselves included!)?
The Answer? Setting a SPECIFIC goal to Glow Every Monday in the New Year and we want you to join us!
What does that mean and what is a Monday Glow?
- It’s a healthy eating guide with yummy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks that will make you glow!
- Why should you have a #mondayglow? We strongly believe that starting your week off with healthy eating sets the tone for the rest of the week. A healthy Monday makes it easier to get back into good habits, especially after the Holidays or an indulgent weekend out!
Here is our plan to GLOW every Monday in the New Year with you and together we’ll KEEP our Resolution:
- Set a specific goal to follow the Monday Glow guide every single Monday in the New Year, incorporate these good habits throughout the week, and make room for indulgences on the weekends
- Document our Monday Glow experience in our Monday Glow Journal
- Stay on track with other Monday Glow Babes in our exclusive Facebook accountability group (we’ll be your resolution buddies!)
Monday Glow Guide details:
- This guide contains recipes for a one-day eating plan on a Monday to be repeated every Monday in the year. Expect gorgeous food pics and inspirational quotes to motivate you!
- Guide will include your grocery list, Monday Glow recipes for Sunday night prep, Glow Benefits & nutritional breakdown, your Glow Journal, recipe variations for during the week, and access to us – your resolution buddies in an exclusive Facebook group!
- Sunday night prep will only take 30 minutes. You will need an oven to bake two recipes (they cook together at the same temperature) and a blender for a smoothie.
- FYI, recipe allergens include: eggs, walnuts (can be substituted or removed).
We strongly believe that starting your week off with healthy eating sets the tone for the rest of the week. A healthy Monday makes it easier to get back into good habits, especially after the Holidays or an indulgent weekend out! Life is not about extremes, but about balance.
We can’t wait to start the year off GLOWING & feeling amazing with all of you! Stay tuned for the official launch next Monday complete with a giveaway package of goodies! And every week we’ll be showcasing a Monday Glow Babe on our blog.
xo Annie & Cat