Hi Lovely! As an entrepreneur I find that there are SO many ups and downs with being your own boss. I was feeling super overwhelmed and I really wanted to chat with other women about the struggle – so I asked other Lovely Girl Bosses on Instagram what they struggle with the most and the number one answer was: time management. How do you balance full time work, building a business (or blog), being a Mom, managing the household and a million other obligations? I don’t have all the answers, but I can share what has been working for me while building Style Collective.
Time Management Tips For Girl Bosses, Part 2
4, Set Goals and Create a List: every week I write down my goals for the week and how I’m going to achieve them. I live and die for lists – there is something SO GOOD about being able to cross something off a list when it’s complete. I love looking at my planner at the end of the week and seeing all of the things I’ve accomplished.
5, Prioritize and Be Realistic: there are a million ways that I could overextend myself by trying to tackle ALL of the low hanging fruit. I like to prioritize and focus solely on the tasks that will move my business forward.
6, Time Block Your Schedule: once I have my to-do list for the week – it is GO TIME. I put in my headphones, turn off email and notifications and get to work. My day varies, but this is a pretty typical schedule:
- Morning: quick and effective workout via Courtney, breakfast, coffee & spending time with my hubby.
- Mid-Morning: I spend about an hour-ish replying to emails, posting to both TLG and SC’s social media accounts, replying to comments and checking into SC DM’s.
- Afternoon: I use this time to tackle my written to-do list: developing content for SC (like yesterday afternoon I wrote a 25 page e-course!), phone calls/meetings, following up on projects, marketing/strategy planning, membership growth, etc.
- Evening: I get back on email and reply to clients, tech teams, etc. I get about 50-100 emails a day so I could easily spend my entire day in my inbox. I really try to block time in the morning and evening to tackle my inbox.
- Post-Dinner: I try to use this time for reading, self-development, business planning with my hubby or finishing up any final tasks that I wasn’t able to complete during the afternoon. I also post to TLG and SC’s social accounts one more time before going to bed. I check in with SC DM groups to see if there are any issues that I may have missed.
7, Ask For Help: when it seems like you have an endless to-do list, ask for help. Seriously. My husband has helped me with so many things: migrating Style Collective to new servers, setting up appointments with a legal team to help me with contracts, trademarks, copyrights and patents, researching tech team help and virtual assistants to help ease my work load, to name a few.
I also rely on other SC ladies to help me write emails, run our Facebook group, pitch partnerships or help me brainstorm ideas. My Mom always used to say: it takes a village. Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
8, Get Dolled Up & Go On a Date: it’s easy to be a workaholic and a perfectionist – but you need to schedule time for a break! Take a time out to wash your hair, paint your nails, do your makeup, put on a pretty dress and go do something fun! Last weekend I took a break and grabbed lunch by the pier with the hubby. I wore this pretty dress from The Sweetest Stitch and felt SO relaxed as we ate delicious seafood, sipped on lemon water and took in the gorgeous view.
Dress: Sweetest Stitch Crazy About Coral Dress – use code “STYLECOLLECTIVE” for 10% off your order!
Shoes (c/o): M. Gemi Attorno – use my link for $40 off your purchase!
Bag (c/o): Dagne Dover 13″ Tote in bleaker blush
Jewelry: Chloe + Isabel
What did you think of these time management tips? These really help me organize my schedule so I can use my mental energy to focus on Style Collective and moving it forward. Do you use any of these techniques?
If you loved these tips, please share on Facebook with the button below! xo Annie[share title=”Share this Post” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”]